This is a common occurence for me - I'm a toast freak. The method is EASY so there's no excuse for eating junk food, or skipping lunch becuase you're too busy. All you need is some high-quality bread, a toaster and a little imagination.
This is what I had today + a big pear:
- Buy some good quality bread such as heavy Burgen, or Vogels - look for 10g protein per 2 slice serve (high protein, high fibre bread is the gold-standard measure of quality - the higher the better)
- Put it in the toaster. With heavier breads they usually require the "double push-down" (like in the Vogels commercial!)
- Spread some ripe avocado and hummous on each piece
- Sprinkle on some sea salt and cracked pepper
- Top with a few sundried tomatoes, fresh rocket and a handful of mixed nuts
- Sliced tomato and cucumber are nice on this too
- This is vegan but not gluten free
Published by Phil B. on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 in
No comments posted so far.